CUP is partnering with the Adams 14 School District to help run the Hope Family Resource Center, located in the basement of the school district’s Administration Building at 5291 E. 60th Ave in Commerce City. The Hope Center serves families in the school district who are homeless or need a little extra help during the month.
When a family arrives at the Hope Center they begin by briefly talking with one of our volunteers to assess their needs. They are then ushered into the clothing closet to shop for clothing, receive hygiene products, and food. When available we also provide families of babies and small children with diapers and baby formula (as needed). Seasonal needs, such as winter jackets, school supplies and school uniforms are provided. Families from outside the district are connected with organizations in their community.
If you would like to get more involved with the Hope Family Resource Center:
- Check out our Volunteer Page to sign up for a shift to work in the center.
- See our How to Help Page and our Facebook page to get the most updated list of needs for donations at the center.
The Hope Family Resource Center in funded solely on donations from the community. Things we commonly need are:
- gently used clothing for all ages and sizes
- gently used winter coats
- new underwear and socks of all ages
- boxes of diapers and pull-ups all sizes
- hygiene products: shampoo, conditioner, soap, tooth paste, tooth brushes, floss, razors, deodorant (men’s and women’s), maxi-pads, toilet paper
- canned food: veggies, fruits, meats, beans, spaghetti sauce, jelly, peanut butter
- dried goods: rice, beans and pasta