Employment Success Specialist
The Employment Success Specialist (ESS) oversees the educational, case management, mentoring and all program operations of Employment Success Program at CUP. The ESS works within multiple facets of the CUP organization to ensure that the apprentices are receiving a well-rounded training and adequate support to obtain the goals they are working on in the program. The ESS will report directly to the Executive Director but will work closely with the Reunion Coffee House manager to lead and supervise apprentice’s job training experience. Working weekends will be required for this position. This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with team management experience to have significant impact in the growth and further development of a budding organization.
- Oversee the coaching and training of apprentices while they are working at the Reunion Coffee House and at other sites, if applicable.
- Guide and assist apprentices one on one as they work through their unique challenges and barriers to obtaining steady employment
- Coordinate, train, collaborate and consistently support volunteer Champions (mentors) assigned to each apprentice ensuring they have a plan and understanding for how to intentionally work through goals with their assigned apprentice.
- Lead the Life Skills Foundations class prior to apprentice beginning work experience, directly teaching the class or overseeing volunteer instructional team to teach the class.
- Lead all skill building and experiential learning meetings throughout the apprentice’s training
- Collaborate closely with the Reunion Coffee House manager to ensure each apprentice’s goals and training objectives are being met. Assist in scheduling to ensure adequate floor coverage and training objectives are both achieved.
- Train and support coffee house coaches in intentionally working with apprentices to achieve their employment training goals
- Oversee follow-up with past apprentices who have graduated from the program.
- Complete all assessments necessary for tracking apprentice progress.
- Oversee documentation and maintenance of participant records to ensure measurement and evaluation of progress can be reported to the board, stake holders, grants, etc.
- Ensure program budget is adhered to throughout the fiscal year.
- Support organizational fundraising by building relationships with key collaborative partners and aiding Executive Director in connecting with partners.
- Collaborate closely with the Executive Director to build the Employment Success Program.
- Attend staff meetings and other external meetings as deemed necessary.
- Work directly behind the coffee bar in a barista capacity to ensure adequate adult coaching and coverage is obtained on each shift.
- Perform additional duties assigned to achieve success of CUP and meeting the organization’s mission and vision.
The Employment Success Specialist should be thoroughly committed to CUP’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership skills with experience in leading teams, coaching and mentoring.
- Minimum of a BA/BS degree, or equivalent experience, in social work, human services, education or ministry.
- Ability to speak Spanish, preferred.
- Strength in managing, developing, coaching, recruiting and retaining individuals and teams, empowering them to elevate their levels of responsibility, span-of-control and performance.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, and to work independently to complete tasks.
- Proven ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Strong organizational, planning, and information gathering skills.
- Proven ability to work on a team, as well as lead and delegate to a team.
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
- Computer skills and knowledge of relevant software, especially Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Docs.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Customer service oriented.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- This is a 30-35 an hour a week position, with a Tuesday-Saturday work schedule. Weekends will be required for this position.
Please click link to submit application: Job Application
AND, email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.