Shift Supervisor @ Reunion Coffee House (RCH)
Community Uplift Partnership (CUP)
The shift manager position at Reunion Coffee House caffeinated by CUP is a unique position focusing not only on managing coffee house shift operations but also training, coaching and developing CUP’s on the job training apprentices. S/he is responsible for assisting the store manager in maintaining a positive environment conducive to building and sustaining a thriving business while also preserving a learning environment that allows CUP apprentices to thrive and grow. S/he assists in training, customers service, product knowledge and education, encouraging safe work practices and a demonstrated commitment to our Guiding Principles, House Rules, job training skill development and mission practices. The shift manager directly supervises the apprentices and is the manager on duty in the absence of the store and/or assistant manager.
Training and Development:
- Demonstrates the ability to lead, communicate, champion the CUP Guiding Principles, House Rules, Standard Operating Procedures and Outstanding Service Model.
- Aligns with CUP’s mission approach and philosophy and leads by example.
- Provides coaching and training to apprentices on performance expectations.
- Tracks progress of apprentices skills building, in accordance to CUP’s Job Training Apprentice Program system and procedures.
- Completes CUP’s Mission Minded, When Helping Hurts, Apprentice Leaders, and Outstanding Service Model trainings, along with other normal RCH employment training.
- Is the Role Model and leader for outstanding service and “owner” of the service initiative during shift, which includes:
- striving to develop a rapport with customers by learning their names, favorite drinks and food items
- being pro-active in solving customer problems and satisfying customers in various situations
- responding proactively to prevent customer service situations
- Coaches, trains and ensures all apprentices follow the Standard Operating led by greeting and responding to all customers with fast, efficient, friendly and personalized service.
- Investigates and resolves customer incidents, documenting if necessary.
- Consistently monitors, coaches, trains and encourages apprentices to use CUP’s Outstanding Service Model and Standards.
- Maintains a clean, organized and stocked environment and when necessary assists in the distribution of product shipments.
- Performs all POS duties, front and back of house functions including opening and closing procedures, coordinating with RCH Manager as necessary.
- Establishes effective and positive communication amongst all team members.
- Assists store manager in maintaining proper coverage and team member schedules ensuring that the store maintains customer service standards and team members adhere to meal and break policy.
- Ensures all cash handling procedures are upheld. Is accountable for store funds while running the shift.
- Assists store manager in planning and executing all sales promotions effectively and efficiently.
- Will provide guidance and actively set an example for team members, ensuring that all Standard Operating Procedures are maintained and followed.
- Follows and directs team members to follow store policies, procedures and adhere to merchandising and cleanliness standards.
- Promotes and practices safe work habits, reporting potential safety hazards, operational inconsistencies and team member incidents to the store manager. Reports/documents team member accidents, conducts initial investigation and determinations of root cause in the interest of maintaining a safe work environment.
- Follows all company drink recipes and procedures, maintaining the highest quality and consistent product standards.
- Ensures that all team members are educated on our products and services, by developing an understanding of our various types of coffee, tea products, blends and roasts, as well as knowledge of coffee and tea regions, and the differences in flavor and blends.
- Tastes products on a per shift basis for quality assurance.
- If quality standards not being met, directly works with team member to train to quality standards.
The Reunion Coffee House Shift Manager will be thoroughly committed to CUP’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience.
Concrete, demonstrable experience and other qualification include:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent. Minimum one year of retail or six months of specialty coffee experience.
- Previous experience in a mentoring, teaching, coaching, and/or training environment is strongly preferred.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Must be able to work overtime, including weekends, evenings and special events as needed.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented and able to multi- task.
- This position will require frequent standing and use of hands and arms.
- Must be able to lift up to 30lbs and frequently bend and twist from the waist.
- Frequently required to use hand and finger motions, handle or feel object, reach with hands and arms.
- Must have excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Prior connection and experience with CUP and the organization’s mission a plus, but not a requirement.
Please click link below to submit application:
Reunion Coffee House Job Application
Please Note: we might discover through the application process that some applicants are better qualified for CUP’s Apprenticeship Program. Find more information and additional employment opportunities on the Job Training Apprenticeship Program page.