Restoring Relationships so Lives are Transformed
Why We Exist
We believe restored relationships with Christ, self, others and material resources transforms lives with the goal of alleviating poverty in the community.
* We Love
* We Trust
* We Serve
“Because we love you so much, we are delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well.” 1 Thessalonians 2:8 (NIV)
What We Do
Community Groups: Women of Worth & Senior Serenity
Hope Resource Center:
* Providing basic clothing distribution & resource referral twice a month
* Job training workshops for students in HSE and Transitions classes in the adult education program at Adams 14 school district.
Mobile Food Pantry: Bi-monthly distribution of food at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park with Food Bank of the Rockies
Programs in development
Taza – Our Coffee Shop & Job Training Center
Teen Connection Ministries and Community Groups
Teen Center at Taza
How We Will Succeed
We serve residents in Commerce City.
We uplift people by providing life skills, job skills and spiritual formation for the restoration of relationship with material resources.
We uplift people by fostering restored relationships with Christ, self, and others through community development and lifestyle example.
We partner with churches, organizations and businesses to enhance relationship restoration.
Our Rally Cry
It is no longer okay for us to ignore the needs of the oppressed, hurting and suffering. Jesus wants to rebuild and restore the streets and dwellings of Commerce City. -Inspired by Isaiah 58
When Helping Hurts: How to Alleviate Poverty without Hurting the Poor or Yourself
Seven Practices of Effective Leadership by Andy Stanley
Patrick Lencioni: Organizational Health
Iceberg Theory of Behavior
History of CUP
The Journey of Community Uplift Partnership, Inc.
- 2009 – Landing Place Church in Commerce City, CO (then called Crossroads Community Church) began focusing efforts to serve those in need by reaching a low income area in the city. Outreach projects conducted: back to school back packs, Thanksgiving meal for the community at Kearny Middle School, Mobile Food Pantry, helped sponsor community events and holiday parties at Holly Park Apartments, skate park summer outreach, help host Christmas Party at the Boys and Girls Club.
- 2012 – Began to strategize to build a ministry center in the historic, southern part of the city to better serve those with the greatest need. The team prayed, researched and visited other centers around the world, such as LA Dream Center, Seacoast Dream Center and POPUP in South Africa, to find the best model for the center in Commerce City.
- Winter 2013 – the vision for Community Uplift Partnership was created.
- January 2013 – CUP took over the management of the Mobile Food Pantry in partnership with Food Bank of the Rockies.
- Fall 2013- Hope Resource Center in the Adams 14 school district opened their doors to CUP to build a more strategic partnership and allow CUP office space to begin our program center.
- September 22, 2013 – CUP officially launched to Landing Place Church and the community
- Fall of 2013 – CUP appliced for official 501c3 non-profit status with the State of Colorado and the federal government.
- Fall of 2015 – Women of Worth Community Group started
- January of 2016 – Senior Serenity Community Group started
- February of 2017 – Began holding Job Skills Workshops at the Hope Center
Statement of Faith
The phraseology employed in this statement is not inspired, but the truth set forth is held to be essential to the CUP ministry. No claim is made that it contains all truth in the Bible, only that it covers our beliefs regarding these fundamental matters:
The Scriptures Are the Inspired Word of God
The sole basis for our belief is the Bible, which is uniquely God-inspired, without error, and the final authority on all matters on which it speaks. As the Bible teaches, there is one God, eternally existing in three persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit – each possessing all the attributes of deity. (Psalm 12:6: Psalm 119:105, Psalm 150:1ff; Proverbs 30:5; 2 Timothy 1:13; 3:16:2 Peter 1:20-21)
The One True God
God is the creator and ruler of the universe. He created humans to have fellowship with Him, but they defied God by sinfully going their own way. As a result, we need God’s saving grace to end our alienation from Him. Salvation comes only through God’s grace – not human effort – and must be received personally by repentance and faith. (Genesis 1:1,26-27; Psalm 90:2;Matthew 28:19:2 Corinthians 13:14; 1 Peter 1:2)
The Deity Of The Lord Jesus Christ
Jesus Christ, second Person of the Trinity, co-equal with the Father and the Holy Spirit. Jesus entered the human race through a virgin birth. He lived a sinless life on earth and voluntarily paid for our sin by dying on the cross as our substitute. This accomplished salvation for all who receive grace by trusting in Him alone. He rose from the dead and is the only mediator between us and God. He baptizes believers in the Holy Spirit. He will return to earth to consummate history. (Isaiah 9:6; Matthew 1:22-23; John 1:1-5; 14:10-30; Acts 1:9-11; Romans 1:3-4; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4:1 Timothy 6:14-15; Titus 2:13: Hebrews 4:14-15)
The Holy Spirit
The Holy Spirit is equal with the Father and the Son as God. He is present in the world to make us aware of our need for Jesus Christ. He also lives within every follower of Christ from the moment of salvation. He provides the believer with power for living, understanding of spiritual truth, guidance for doing what is right and boldness to be a witness for Christ. The Christian seeks to live under His control daily. (John 14:16-17; 16:7-13; Acts 1:8; 1 Corinthians 2:12;3:16: 2 Corinthians 3:17; Galatians 5:25; Ephesians 1:13; 5:18)
The Salvation of Man
Salvation is a gift from God to each one of us. We can never make up for our sin by self-improvement or good works. Only by trusting in Jesus Christ as God’s offer of forgiveness can one be saved from sin’s penalty. Eternal life begins the moment one receives Jesus Christ into their life by faith. John 1:12; 14:6; Romans 5:1; 6:23; Galatians 3:26; Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5
The Church exists to glorify God and make him known in all the earth. This is accomplished by focusing on five key priorities in our lives: Worshipping God continually through our actions, connecting with the church regularly, growing in maturity daily, Serving people unselfishly and sharing our faith effectively. As part of the greater church body C.U.P exists and serves as an extension of the larger mission of the church with a specific charge of meeting the needs of the local community. (Ephesians 1:22, 2:19-22; Hebrews 12:23; John 17:11, 20-23).